A Short Course to Prepare for Your Child’s Baptism
A Parent’s Love Reflects God’s Love
- What does love have to do with baptism?
- How does the feeling of love differ from love as a virtue?
- How does my love for my baby reflect God’s love for me?
- Why is the family the fundamental unit of society, and not individuals?
- Why is the family known as the Domestic Church? What is my role in it?
- Why can no social program, no matter how well intended, replace the family?
Becoming Part of the Body of Christ
- How do we become God’s children?
- What does it mean to be a child of God?
- What do we inherit as God’s children?
Get notified of new Sketchpad videos
What Is Grace?
- Is God really active in the world?
- It’s hard to live a holy life. Does God leave us on our own to do it?
- What can I do so God’s grace will bear more fruit in my life?
What Is Original Sin?
- What is original sin, and how is it different from personal sin?
- Why do we need to be baptized?
- If baptism removes original sin, why is there still suffering in the world?
The Symbolism of Baptism
- Why does God use symbols?
- How has God used symbols throughout human history?
- What is the meaning of each of the symbols in the Sacrament of Baptism?
The Rite of Baptism
- What will happen when my child is baptized?
- What should I expect to hear, say, and do?
- What is the role of Godparents?
Raising Holy Children
- I’ve baptized my child — now what?
- How can I instill good habits in my son or daughter?
- What is the single most important thing I can do for my child?